The Spot-On Brand name was bought in November 2015 into the Overland Liquor Zone Group
The intention with the Spot-On name was to have an entry level model to the smaller independent stores that are too small to become part of a franchise but need assistance from a buying group perspective in order to be able to compete with the upcoming chain stores to the likes of Tops, Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite, Game and Cambridge.
The Spot-On Group is not a franchise model but a buying group model.
All signage allows the Group to upgrade signage when deemed necessary.
The Spot-On Group currently has 36 buying group members.
It is not in the interest of the group to have a Spot On store on every corner and each store operates within a certain radius from each other.
Spot-On group take on existing Liquor Stores that are willing to convert.
Spot-On Group also takes on new stores to form part of the Group.
It is essential for all Spot-On Stores to operate in a professional business practice in terms of the law of RSA, and not to deal in illegal stock and all other business malpractices.
Spot-On as an affiliation of the Overland Liquor Zone Group is part of FASA (Franchise Association of South Africa) which we subscribe to.
Overland Liquor Zone Group hosts an annual Conference where all members are invited to attend
Please take note that the Spot-On name is a registered trade mark and can only be used if the store is part of the Spot-On Group.
Spot-On members receive the cycle deals, EDLP (Everyday low price) deals as well as their monthly top – up deals from suppliers.
Spot-On members are listed with all suppliers and receive the necessary recognition from all suppliers in terms of pricing, merchandise and instore activities
The Spot-On members receive no monthly broadsheet advertising but form part of the Overland Liquor Zone National Promotional grid in terms of newspaper advertising and TV campaigns and theme promotions.
The Spot-On members pay a monthly admin fee to be part of the Overland Liquor Zone Group and the following privileges are enjoyed:
- Part of a family
- Supplier instore participation 24/7
- Supplier deals ongoing
- Exceptionally good bank rates in terms of deposit fees and merchant services
- Discounted rates on CIT (Cash in Transit)
- Assistance with finance from financial institutions
- Signage at subsidised pricing
- Spot On spirit house brand portfolio
- Monthly and quarterly rebates from certain suppliers
- Each Spot-On store handles their account with suppliers
- Support from our in-house category management team as to range, shelve layouts, pricing and data sharing
- IT Computer POS (Point of Sale) assistance through Odyssey
- Assistance through in-house field operators
- Assistance and support through head office 24/7
- Group identity and adds value to the store evaluation
José de Achadinha
083 305 8254
083 273 8775
082 497 5222
Victor Dos Santos
082 924 3521
Freddie van Vuuren
082 941 2944
PRETORIA, LIMPOPO & NORTH WEST
082 493 5462
GAUTENG, MPUMALANGA & VAAL
082 828 0368
FREE STATE & NORTHERN CAPE
079 632 7250